DJ ShulomixxLost 90 lbs*
KyraLost 110 lbs*
TarynLost 52 lbs*
Colby & RaeganLost 20lbs* | Lost 55lbs*
*Results are from individual patient testimonials, and your results may vary.
Apollo ESG™ Safety Information for Patients
- Apollo ESG™ devices are made to help you lose weight by reducing the size of your stomach and increasing the time it takes for food to pass through your stomach.
- For Apollo ESG™ you need to follow a healthy diet and exercise program to lose weight. You may not lose weight if you do not adopt healthy habits. Your doctor’s clinical team, including dieticians, nutritionists and/or exercise trainers, should help you on your weight loss journey.
- Apollo ESG™ System is for adults with obesity (BMI 30-50kg/m2) who have not been able to lose weight and keep it off through more conservative measures (e.g., diet and exercise).
- Your doctor will ask you about your medical history and will also perform a physical examination to determine your eligibility for the Apollo ESG™ device. Additionally, at the time of your procedure, the doctor may identify internal factors, such as stomach ulcers or erosive gastritis, which may prevent you from receiving the device.
- You must not receive Apollo ESG™ if you are pregnant.
- You must not receive Apollo ESG™ if you have an eating disorder (anorexia nervosa, binge eating disorder, etc.).
- All procedures have risk. Patients should talk to their doctor and understand all risks before having a procedure.
- Nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, eructation, constipation, heartburn and diarrhea are common after the ESG. Gastrointestinal bleeding may also be experienced following these procedures. More serious complications have been reported, though these are relatively rare.
- While many patients are discharged from hospital on the day of their procedure, some patients may stay in hospital or return to hospital for assistance with symptoms associated with acclimating to the sleeve. Symptoms are most often treated with IV fluids or medication, but medical intervention may be required.
- Call your doctor if you have any concerns about your health or well-being following an ESG.
- Some patients may not lose weight following a procedure with Apollo ESG™. Others may lose weight and then report that they no longer feel full after a meal, like they did when they first had their procedure. In such cases, the sleeve may have been compromised. Talk to your doctor about your options. You may be a candidate to have the sleeve restored or to have another type of weight loss procedure.
- If you have additional questions, talk with your doctor. For full safety information, visit apolloendo.com/dfus
CAUTION: Rx only.
Individual Weight Loss May Vary.